Wednesday, March 21, 2007

My daughter, her IPod and I hate drivers!


I had the honor of running with my daughter yesterday. We've hit the road a few times (I even ran once with my son when he was home for spring break) and it's such a good thing. It brings back memories of when she and her brother were young and we used to go outside to play. I loved those days. I was a stay at home mom for a few years (something I highly recommend in spite of any financial hardships it temporarily causes). We'd all be outside in the sandbox or the playhouse in the morning then back at it again after naps and lunch. Those days fill my head with the most perfect of memories! The sandbox is now gone, the playhouse is packed up, but when I think about it, running with my daughter is like playing in the backyard. It's time together doing something fun (relatively speaking!). Time together is the most important part after all!

When she completed her length of run (she's just starting out), I still had a bit longer to go. So as we headed back to the house she offered me her IPod. I never used one before, but she had it all set up and she created a great running play list filled with pounding rock beats that filled my ears and helped me keep pace. It was just what I needed to continue on! So on I went.....

And then there were cars....ugh!! As a runner and a driver, I am in tune with pedestrians. Even before I was a runner I knew that pedestrians (whether they are walking or running) have the right of way. Did this law change and no one sent out word?? I am so frustrated by people turning in front of me and AT me. I quick-stopped and started so many times yesterday I thought I was going to blow a knee cap!!! They don't even put their blinkers on so I can stop sooner and let them go on ahead or past me!! Oh, and let's block the sidewalk and then pull your car up to the rear of the guy blocking the sidewalk and then they tell two drivers and so on, and so on, and so on, so you are either running in place for what seems like forever or going around so many cars that you've added milage to your run!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Okay, enough venting. I'm going back to the sandbox!!

No comments: