Friday, June 29, 2007

Happy Belated Birthday to me!

My birthday was 5 days ago and I thought I was done receiving gifts but low and behold, I had one more in store. I stepped on the scale this morning and it flashed that I was 2.5 pounds heavier than I was when I last weighed myself (which, since I'm on a pity party streak, was technically when I was 30 and not this older state of 31). I'm really not that pleased with this development. In fact, it makes me want to go down to my basement and excise my own fat.

I'm so insanely jealous of the people out there who can have the attitude of just "fuel yourself to run" but I can't seem to completely embrace that. It's such a fine line you have to walk between making sure you're eating enough to run well and being able to drop a few extra pounds. I have yet to find that balance. It's got to be there somewhere but the inner fat girl keeps tossing snickers on the scale and throws it all out of whack.

4 comments:

Soapin' Cindy said...

I know what you mean...I tend to lean more toward keeping the tank filled up, but I've got to watch my calories too. I've been feeling the "roll" lately--it's got a little more heft than usual and I know it's from taking in more calories than I need. I'm reading this after I scarfed two pieces of apple strudel that I wasn't even hungry for. It was pure stress eating. Damn...I need to run...can't wait for this weekend.

Soapin' Cindy said...

And Happy Birthday! Sheesh! Just 31...you're a youngster to me.

Pier said...

She's a youngster to me, too, Red!

Just step away from the scale for more than a week and say, maybe step on again in two. You may be holding water, it's been humid, the mortgage rates went up...it could be caused by ANYTHING, including lovingly prepared cupcakes and cream puffs!!

hugs~

Maria said...

Red-Is it bad that as soon as I looked at your comment all I zeroed in on was "apple strudel"?

Oh god I loved those cream puffs Pier. I wanted to have my way with them as soon as you showed up with 'em.

Well I'm sure there's a 60 year old out there somewhere saying you guys are youngsters to her.

Now if only I could do away with all the 19 year olds I'd be GOLDEN!