Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Return

I haven't blogged in a while for I haven't truly run in while. Well tonight that changed. I did 5 miles. 5 glorious, albeit slightly slower than usual, miles in the perfect autumn weather. Oh man, I think my sentimentality just made me puke a little in my mouth! Bottom line is, I've started my real journey back and it feels so fucking good.

I was in Chicago this past weekend and although I didn't do any running (I was busy having lots, and I mean L-O-T-S of non-running fun) I did take notice of the city itself and found myself wondering if the streets I was drunkenly wandering down were in fact part of the Chicago marathon course. Chicago Sam if you're reading this, man I loved your city! In my running heart of hearts (which happened to take a back seat to my Grey Goose lovin' heart of hearts this time) I know I'm going to do that marathon at some point.

8 comments:

Brian said...

Maria, glad to hear you're running again! Wish you the best in your comeback..

Viv said...

I am so excited for your running again, let's me know there is hope after all this.

Chicago is an awesome city. I heard a lot of sexy people are born there. Where the hell did I hear that?!

So, awesome you all had a fun drunken time this past weekend!

Anonymous said...

YES!! Maria's back!! Glad you are running AND BLOGGING again! Missed reading and keeping up with ya! Hope we get to run together soon!

Soapin' Cindy said...

Count me in for doing Chicago someday! We'll look up Sam and have us show us the sights! Glad you had such a blast!

Viv said...

Maria, I have chosen to tag ya!
http://imnotfittorun.blogspot.com/

Josh said...

I thought you might like to see this
:)
Powerthirst: ROCKET CAN
I want to try GUN flavor.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1779769

Sam said...

Maria!!! Great to finally hit your blog and see you're running again.
Hope I can join you in 2008. I had a bastard of a setback this year but still kickin.
Yep, Chi is the shits! I moved here 20 years ago and planned to stay a couple of years and move on but I found a home.
AND, the marathon is fantastic, fun and really well organized and supported.
This fall was just a damned disaster that no one could prepare for.
I know you'd have a great time in more ways than one running it. With all that trail running you do, hills and all you would blow this course all to hell and have fun doing it.
Cheerleaders every stride and to me it's a rock concert and I get to be center stage for one morning.
Hope I can get back in shape and kick it out again.

Running 2 Mohican said...

Where are you? it is time to get going!